Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Ruth isn't happy about Marty and Wendy's plan to bury the hatchet with Frank Jr. The Byrdes make a difficult decision about Ben. Maya is reprimanded.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Sue is not home and Marty realizes she has been killed. Erin, Charlotte, and Jonah perform community service. Helen confirms to Wendy that Sue is dead and says she is tired of cleaning up after the Byrdes. Marty gives Maya information on another financial fraud, but Maya refuses to accept.
Wendy gives Senator Wade the information Maya refused. Wade gives it to Special Agent in Charge Clay, who criticizes Maya's refusal and orders her back to Washington, DC.
Ben drives Ruth's truck past trucking company guards to get to Frank Jr., but several employees appear and force a hasty retreat. Afterwards, Ben gets drunk at a bar and attacks another customer. Ben confronts Marty and Wendy at the launch party for the charity, punches Marty, and gets committed to the state mental hospital. Ruth visits Ben, who tells her he figured out Wendy had Cade killed.
Helen tells Navarro Wendy and Marty are liabilities and Navarro tells her to do what she thinks best. Darlene persuades Nix to get Ben released in exchange for Nix's deputies not being included in Darlene's drug business. Ben goes to Helen's house, where he confronts Helen and Erin about Helen's illegal activities.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Jason Bateman as Martin “Marty” Byrde
- Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde
- Sofia Hublitz as Charlotte Byrde
- Skylar Gaertner as Jonah Byrde
- Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore
- Lisa Emery as Darlene Snell
- Charlie Tahan as Wyatt Langmore
- Janet McTeer as Helen Pierce
- Tom Pelphrey as Ben Davis
- Jessica Francis Dukes as Maya Miller
- Joseph Sikora as Frank Cosgrove Jr.
- Felix Solis as Omar Navarro
- Madison Thompson as Erin