Jacob educates Marty on his business. Ruth devises and sets in motion a deadly plan. Rachel learns Marty is cooking the books at the Blue Cat Lodge.
The Snells show Marty their operation and inform him they use Mason's church on the lake to distribute heroin. They warn Marty to stop church construction, with implied threats to Mason's pregnant wife Grace if Marty does not persuade him to resume boat-based services. Marty appears likely to meet the three-month deadline for laundering the cartel's $8 million, and he and Wendy temporarily reconcile in celebration. During sex, Marty intentionally reminds her of an encounter with Sugarwood, causing her discovery of the video Marty's private investigator made.
Charlotte works at the Blue Cat and declines Wyatt's "anti-tourists" party invitation to go with Zach, a tourist from Chicago. She loses her virginity, but Zach departs the next day without saying goodbye, prompting Wyatt to tell her tourists always leave, and she is now "one of us" – a permanent local resident.
Russ acknowledges he is gay and begins a sexual relationship with Roy. Ruth and Russ devise a plan to kill Marty at Cade's instigation. Russ tells Roy, who secretly intervenes. Wendy and Marty recognize the contents of Del's package as a warning to speed up the money laundering. Rachel confronts Marty over irregularities in the Blue Cat's books.
- Jason Bateman as Martin “Marty” Byrde
- Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde
- Sofia Hublitz as Charlotte Byrde
- Skylar Gaertner as Jonah Byrde
- Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore
- Jordana Spiro as Rachel Garrison
- Jason Butler Harner as Roy Petty
- Esai Morales as Camino Del Rio ("Del")
- Peter Mullan as Jacob Snell
- Lisa Emery as Darlene Snell
- Charlie Tahan as Wyatt Langmore
- Janet McTeer as Helen Pierce
- Tom Pelphrey as Ben Davis
- Jessica Francis Dukes as Maya Miller
- Rachel's grandmother
- Jimmy Hoffa
- 1 rat