Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Wendy asks Helen - not Marty - to help close a deal, the Byrdes get a new houseguest, and business goes boom aboard a rival casino.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Wendy's brother Ben is teaching when students share a classmate's photo, so he throws their phones into a woodchipper, then fights with its operator. Marty and Ruth apologize to Frank Sr. and agree to a larger percentage of casino profits as a peace offering.
Helen and her daughter Erin move to the Ozarks for the summer, but Gene insists their son Seth stay with him. Marty and Wendy make an offer to Carl and Anita Knarlson for their Big Muddy casino in St. Joseph, but Marty secretly talks Carl into declining. Ben arrives for an extended visit. Marty pays Frank Sr. for a fire that temporarily closes the Knarlsons' competitor, which prompts Anita to decline Helen and Wendy's new offer. Navarro calls Wendy to ask whether his maid's accident was a bad omen and is appreciative when she calms him.
Darlene talks to dead Jacob about how angry she was after seeing Wendy and Wyatt admits he sometimes talks to his dead father. Wyatt moves into Ash's old cabin. Ruth and Wendy rig the Big Muddy's slot machines for constant payouts, so the Knarlsons sell. Helen has Gene beaten. Trevor informs Marty the FBI will audit all Byrde businesses.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Jason Bateman as Martin “Marty” Byrde
- Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde
- Sofia Hublitz as Charlotte Byrde
- Skylar Gaertner as Jonah Byrde
- Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore
- Lisa Emery as Darlene Snell
- Charlie Tahan as Wyatt Langmore
- Janet McTeer as Helen Pierce
- Tom Pelphrey as Ben Davis
- Jessica Francis Dukes as Maya Miller
- Joseph Sikora as Frank Cosgrove Jr.
- Felix Solis as Omar Navarro
- Madison Thompson as Erin
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- 4 of Navarro's men