Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Russ learns Agent Petty's true identity and makes plans to murder, steal and flee. Wendy stumbles on an ideal business to add to the Byrde portfolio.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Buddy taught Jonah to shoot, and after realizing a cartel operative is shadowing the Byrdes, Jonah has Tuck buy him a rifle in a straw purchase. Marty and Wendy previously convinced her employer, Sam's mother Eugenia, to deposit her savings in Marty's new "investment fund". Her $900,000 replaces the $700,000 Marty paid the Snells. With this influx, he completes laundering the $8 million on time. The cartel immediately delivers $50 million – the first of the $500 million Marty promised to wash.
Eugenia dies in an accident, and Sam wants access to her savings to pay for her elaborate funeral. Instead, Marty and Wendy volunteer to pay, and end up buying the funeral home.
Roy reveals to Russ that their relationship is a ploy, and he recorded Russ's admission of trying to kill Marty. This forces Russ to turn informant against Ruth, who Roy intends to turn informant on Marty. Instead, Russ and his brother Boyd plan to rob and kill Marty to finance a life on the run. Ruth suspects Russ is an informant and intends to kill Marty. Realizing she will be blamed, she acts first, killing Russ and Boyd with the same method she had earlier tried on Marty.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Jason Bateman as Martin “Marty” Byrde
- Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde
- Sofia Hublitz as Charlotte Byrde
- Skylar Gaertner as Jonah Byrde
- Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore
- Jordana Spiro as Rachel Garrison
- Jason Butler Harner as Roy Petty
- Esai Morales as Camino Del Rio ("Del")
- Peter Mullan as Jacob Snell
- Lisa Emery as Darlene Snell
- Charlie Tahan as Wyatt Langmore
- Janet McTeer as Helen Pierce
- Tom Pelphrey as Ben Davis
- Jessica Francis Dukes as Maya Miller