The FBI dives into the casino's finances, Wendy's dreams take a dark turn, and Marty worries that the writing may be on the wall.
Wendy dreams of killing Marty. The Knarlsons refuse to sell their hotel. Marty and Ruth's plan to launder at the Big Muddy casino ends because Wendy has closed it for renovations. Frank Sr. lets Wendy know Marty arranged for the fire. Helen tells Marty Navarro does not want the Big Muddy used for laundering. Wendy tells Carl he should obtain Anita's agreement to sell by any means necessary.
Helen asks Ruth if she could run the Missouri Belle without Marty. She says yes, then reports the conversation to Marty. Carl and Anita argue, and she accidentally falls to her death. Marty works out a laundering arrangement with REO Speedwagon when they play at the casino. Wendy provokes Darlene into striking her, giving Wendy cause for a custody hearing for Zeke. Agent Miller offers Marty a deal that enables him to work for the FBI after 18 months incarceration.
Trevor identifies Tommy as one of the men from the casino fire and obtains his cooperation. Marty uses spyware when Wendy calls Navarro to report buying the hotel, and Navarro tells her their connection is compromised. Marty tells Miller he accepts. Cartel operatives seize Marty and thwart Ruth and Ben's pursuit.
- Jason Bateman as Martin “Marty” Byrde
- Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde
- Sofia Hublitz as Charlotte Byrde
- Skylar Gaertner as Jonah Byrde
- Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore
- Lisa Emery as Darlene Snell
- Charlie Tahan as Wyatt Langmore
- Janet McTeer as Helen Pierce
- Tom Pelphrey as Ben Davis
- Jessica Francis Dukes as Maya Miller
- Joseph Sikora as Frank Cosgrove Jr.
- Felix Solis as Omar Navarro
- Madison Thompson as Erin