Synopsis[edit | edit source]
To stop Jacob from carrying out his threat, Marty makes an offer. Agent Petty gets what he needs to turn Russ. Charlotte grows desperate to escape.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Mason does not end construction at the church, and to dissuade the Snells from killing him, Marty hands over the $700,000 of cartel cash he has not yet laundered. Marty tells Mason the Snells are drug dealers, and want him to resume services on the lake. The Snells tell Mason Marty was only constructing the church so he could launder money. Understanding Marty's claims of philanthropy and temporary construction delays are false, Mason burns down the building's framework.
Charlotte and Jonah start school, and Charlotte is depressed about the family's changed circumstances. After she skips classes to take a bus to Chicago, Ruth and Wendy catch up in St. Louis and bring her back.
Roy convinces Russ to try starting a bait and tackle shop and get Marty to invest. Roy also convinces Russ to say that he will not be involved in any more attempts to kill Marty. Cade tells Ruth not to visit him in prison again unless Marty is dead. After returning home, Charlotte goes for a night swim. Ignoring Marty's advice to stay near the shore, she swims far into the lake. After nearly allowing herself to drown, she touches bottom and realizes the water is not as deep as she thought. She giddily makes her way back to shore, her depression gone.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Jason Bateman as Martin “Marty” Byrde
- Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde
- Sofia Hublitz as Charlotte Byrde
- Skylar Gaertner as Jonah Byrde
- Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore
- Jordana Spiro as Rachel Garrison
- Jason Butler Harner as Roy Petty
- Esai Morales as Camino Del Rio ("Del")
- Peter Mullan as Jacob Snell
- Lisa Emery as Darlene Snell
- Charlie Tahan as Wyatt Langmore
- Janet McTeer as Helen Pierce
- Tom Pelphrey as Ben Davis
- Jessica Francis Dukes as Maya Miller
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Eugenia Dermody
- 1 rat
- 1 pig
- 1 rabbit
- 1 horse
- 1 bison