Mason goes off the deep end and focuses his rage on the Byrdes. Ruth tries to make her dad proud during a boat-part heist.
Marty wants to keep Rachel working at the Blue Cat and use her to feed Roy misinformation. Wendy is suspicious of both Rachel and Marty's relationship with her. The police take Zeke into state custody, prompting Mason to kidnap Wendy and hold her in the basement of his home while demanding Marty's aid in getting Zeke back. Cade and Ruth attempt to steal the FLIR System from an expensive boat and sell it to a black-market buyer. The owner is unexpectedly home, forcing them to flee empty-handed. Ruth tells Cade she believes Marty's cartel money may be hidden at the funeral home and agrees to help him steal it. Marty and Wilkes succeed in retrieving Zeke from state custody. Marty brings him to Mason but ends up killing Mason during a confrontation afterwards. Marty and Wendy clean up the basement of Mason's house and cremate his body at the funeral home, then take Zeke home as a supposed foster child. The Byrdes use the baby to help present a likable family image during a news interview arranged by a public relations representative trying to create positive coverage of the casino project.
- Jason Bateman as Martin “Marty” Byrde
- Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde
- Sofia Hublitz as Charlotte Byrde
- Skylar Gaertner as Jonah Byrde
- Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore
- Jordana Spiro as Rachel Garrison
- Jason Butler Harner as Roy Petty
- Esai Morales as Camino Del Rio ("Del")
- Peter Mullan as Jacob Snell
- Lisa Emery as Darlene Snell
- Charlie Tahan as Wyatt Langmore
- Janet McTeer as Helen Pierce
- Tom Pelphrey as Ben Davis
- Jessica Francis Dukes as Maya Miller