Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Ruth's dad gets out of jail. Approval for a riverboat casino calls for Wendy's political skills. The Mexican cartel demands reparations from the Snells.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Darlene and Ash cremate Del's body on the Snell farm. Marty and Jacob send Ash to Chicago with Del's car and credit cards to establish Del's presence there, enabling them to claim he was not in the Ozarks. Without Del there to negotiate, Marty and the Snells meet with Helen Pierce, the Navarro Cartel's attorney, to discuss the casino. Marty discusses with State Senator Brock Mercer the possibility of introducing legislation to allow casino construction. Mercer is apprehensive and tells Marty to go to "the lake house".
Marty and Wendy learn this is the home of businessman and political donor Charles Wilkes and meet him to persuade him to back the legislation. Helen shows the Byrdes video of Ash using Del's credit card in Chicago. She will overlook Del's death (and Garcia's) in exchange for "reparations" from the Snells but does not tell Marty what will be satisfactory.
At Darlene's insistence, the Snells refuse to offer money, but Jacob understands a life must be paid, so he kills Ash to save Darlene. Marty and Wendy hide the truth from Charlotte and Jonah but acknowledge to each other that Ash's death satisfied the Navarros, meaning the casino project is still alive.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Jason Bateman as Martin “Marty” Byrde
- Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde
- Sofia Hublitz as Charlotte Byrde
- Skylar Gaertner as Jonah Byrde
- Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore
- Jordana Spiro as Rachel Garrison
- Jason Butler Harner as Roy Petty
- Esai Morales as Camino Del Rio ("Del")
- Peter Mullan as Jacob Snell
- Lisa Emery as Darlene Snell
- Charlie Tahan as Wyatt Langmore
- Janet McTeer as Helen Pierce
- Tom Pelphrey as Ben Davis
- Jessica Francis Dukes as Maya Miller