Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Marty decides to invest in the religious sector, unaware he will disrupt a discreet business operation. A surprise visitor shows up at the Byrde home.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Bobby's body turns up at the Byrdes' boat dock, which they unconvincingly explain away as an accident. Shown copies of the sale documents for the strip club, the sheriff realizes he has no evidence the Byrdes had a motive to kill Bobby, and takes no further action. Jacob Snell attempts to persuade Marty to launder money for him at Lickety Splitz.
Marty sees Mason Young, the local pastor, holding boat-based Sunday services on the lake, and realizes that building Mason a church could present an opportunity to launder money.
Marty asks Ruth to run the strip club over the Fourth of July weekend, which leads to him hiring her as the full time manager. She betters Bobby's management with actions, including hiring new staff, that turn Lickety Splitz into a moneymaker. Roy continues to use Russ as a fishing guide, and attempts to kiss him, provoking a violent reaction. Ruth continues to follow her incarcerated father Cade's advice to learn more about Marty's money laundering, and discovers the hiding place where he stashed the $8 million he brought from Chicago.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Jason Bateman as Martin “Marty” Byrde
- Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde
- Sofia Hublitz as Charlotte Byrde
- Skylar Gaertner as Jonah Byrde
- Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore
- Jordana Spiro as Rachel Garrison
- Jason Butler Harner as Roy Petty
- Esai Morales as Camino Del Rio ("Del")
- Peter Mullan as Jacob Snell
- Lisa Emery as Darlene Snell
- Charlie Tahan as Wyatt Langmore
- Janet McTeer as Helen Pierce
- Tom Pelphrey as Ben Davis
- Jessica Francis Dukes as Maya Miller
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- 1 of Wendy's friends