Marty finds a way around the Snells. Charlotte hires a lawyer. The Byrdes get a meeting with the gaming commission, whose approval comes with a big ask.
Charlotte hires an attorney for her emancipation case. Jacob and Darlene survive the ambush, though Jacob is wounded. Marty and Helen inform Jacob that riparian rights and eminent domain enable the government to seize land for the casino if the Snells will not sell. Jacob acquiesces, and decides to kill Darlene to keep the peace. As he moves to stab her on their morning walk, he suddenly collapses.
Darlene tells him she guessed his plan and poisoned his coffee, and they pledge their love to each other before he dies. Wilkes arranges for the Byrdes to meet the gaming commissioners and the chairman requests a non-union site in exchange for his support, to which Marty agrees, despite knowing it will anger Frank.
The casino is approved, and Marty arranges an exit for his family that includes fleeing to Australia and leaving cartel business in Ruth's hands, to which Ruth agrees. Cade and Wyatt rob Lickety Splitz, and Ruth does not identify them to the sheriff, but does try to recover and return the money. Wyatt is accepted to college; he is not sure about going, but Ruth is determined to send him to keep him from a life of crime.
- Jason Bateman as Martin “Marty” Byrde
- Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde
- Sofia Hublitz as Charlotte Byrde
- Skylar Gaertner as Jonah Byrde
- Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore
- Jordana Spiro as Rachel Garrison
- Jason Butler Harner as Roy Petty
- Esai Morales as Camino Del Rio ("Del")
- Peter Mullan as Jacob Snell
- Lisa Emery as Darlene Snell
- Charlie Tahan as Wyatt Langmore
- Janet McTeer as Helen Pierce
- Tom Pelphrey as Ben Davis
- Jessica Francis Dukes as Maya Miller