When a mobster jeopardizes the casino bill, Marty enlists Buddy's help. Wendy resorts to dirty tactics to get votes. Cade reminds Ruth of her roots.
The Kansas City Mafia sends Mercer an unsubtle message, causing state senate support for the casino bill to waver. Marty capitalizes on Buddy's prior relationship with Mafia head Frank Cosgrove to reach agreement that the casino will be unionized, which keeps the project viable. Wendy attends a prayer breakfast to woo faltering senators and resorts to blackmail. Wilkes makes a play for Wendy as the price for obtaining the vote of the last senate holdout, but Wendy rebuffs him. Wendy sees Mason preaching on the streets of Jefferson City, baby Zeke at his side. Rachel's drug-and-drinking binge causes her to wreck her car, leading Roy to turn her into an informant against Marty and send her back to the Blue Cat. Cade is paroled and rebuffs the job Ruth persuaded Marty to offer. Marty gives Ruth more responsibilities, including entrusting her with the cash to pay for acquiring and moving the riverboat that will house the casino. Darlene looks for someone to love and nurture in Ash's place and asks Jacob if they can adopt a baby. Cade robs a diner to show Ruth that he has not changed and demands her help in locating Marty's money.
- Jason Bateman as Martin “Marty” Byrde
- Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde
- Sofia Hublitz as Charlotte Byrde
- Skylar Gaertner as Jonah Byrde
- Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore
- Jordana Spiro as Rachel Garrison
- Jason Butler Harner as Roy Petty
- Esai Morales as Camino Del Rio ("Del")
- Peter Mullan as Jacob Snell
- Lisa Emery as Darlene Snell
- Charlie Tahan as Wyatt Langmore
- Janet McTeer as Helen Pierce
- Tom Pelphrey as Ben Davis
- Jessica Francis Dukes as Maya Miller