During his next sermon, Mason falters. Wendy and the kids are caught trying to flee their home. Marty brokers a deal between Jacob and Del.
The Byrdes try to be supportive of Wyatt and his brother Three, but Wyatt suspects Marty killed Russ and Boyd. Mason's conscience renders him unable to preach on the lake. He arrives home to find the Snells retaliated; Grace is gone, but he discovers a newborn.
Marty decides it is not safe if his family stays. Garcia, the cartel operative intervenes to keep them from leaving. Jonah sneaks out and returns with his rifle. When he attempts to shoot Garcia, he finds Buddy unloaded it. Buddy holds a shotgun on Garcia as Wendy and the children depart, then shoots him. Rachel finds part of the $50 million, which she takes as she drives away.
Del tortures Marty to find out where Garcia is. Marty explains a plan to use the cartel to distribute Snell heroin, while the Snells allow a casino on their property to launder cartel money. Del is intrigued and intends to explain away Garcia's death if there's a deal. Del and the Snells agree, but Darlene kills Del when he replies to her putdowns with one of his own. Wendy and the children decide to stay and face the risks with Marty rather than flee without him.
- Jason Bateman as Martin “Marty” Byrde
- Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde
- Sofia Hublitz as Charlotte Byrde
- Skylar Gaertner as Jonah Byrde
- Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore
- Jordana Spiro as Rachel Garrison
- Jason Butler Harner as Roy Petty
- Esai Morales as Camino Del Rio ("Del")
- Peter Mullan as Jacob Snell
- Lisa Emery as Darlene Snell
- Charlie Tahan as Wyatt Langmore
- Janet McTeer as Helen Pierce
- Tom Pelphrey as Ben Davis
- Jessica Francis Dukes as Maya Miller